Powerbond Hybrid Resilient
Tarkett’s Powerbond® hybrid resilient sheet flooring was introduced in 1967, but is still revolutionizing the industry. With the look and feel of carpet and the performance of resilient sheet, Powerbond’s closed-cell cushion backing and welded seams create a wall-to-wall moisture barrier and softened acoustics--for beautiful, comfortable spaces that stand the test of time.
How Does Powerbond Work?
Powerbond is a heterogeneous construction of nylon and closed-cell cushion. Fused together through heat and pressure, the layers are inseparable. It’s not carpet. It’s not resilient. It’s an innovative hybrid of both--bringing together comfort, style and softness, with long-lasting durability. This floor covering is completely impermeable to moisture and contaminants, while absorbing sound.
Powerbond is Completely Impermeable to Moisture
When spills or even floods occur, Powerbond customers have simply extracted the water and cleaned, without replacing the flooring. That’s a long-term solution you can trust.
Powerbond is available in hundreds of styles, and works together with other flooring surfaces to meet the functional needs of every space.
Through Tarkett’s Imaginations® program, flooring can also be die-cut to incorporate unique branding elements, such as mascots, school crests, playful shapes and helpful wayfinding.
Total Cost of Ownership
It’s been estimated that more than 90 percent of a floor’s lifecycle cost is spent on long-term cleaning and maintenance, but most flooring decisions are still made on the basis of initial purchase price. Powerbond’s unique construction makes it easy to install, clean and repair— ensuring the lowest total cost of ownership per square foot over the life of the floor.
- Lifetime, non-pro-rated warranty
- Industry’s highest TARR rating
- Ability to replace damaged sections, without replacing the entire sheet
- Installation over high-moisture areas without slab moisture testing
- Soil trapped and localized instead of being tracked throughout the building, which reduces wall-to-wall vacuuming to weekly
- Lowest Embodied Footprint (BEES)
Health, Safety & Wellness
Well-designed spaces support the physical, social and emotional wellness of all who enter them, and ultimately maximize our performance. Powerbond® RS was developed specifically to address potential problems associated with indoor air quality, sick building syndrome and building related illness. With low VOCs and no need for troweling adhesives, the material installs quickly (even on stairs) and contributes to healthy indoor air quality over the life of the floor.
Powerbond supports healthier spaces with:
- Reduced potential for slip and fall accidents
- Better indoor air quality contribution
- Low VOCs
- Up to 12x reduction in airborne particulates vs. hard surfaces1
- Underfoot comfort
- No cold spots (thermal value of .84)
- Simplified maintenance with a vacuum and neutral cleaner
- No antimicrobials
- Softened acoustics
- The fiber and closed cell cushion reduce reverberation by more than 125% to create quieter spaces
A Noise Reduction Coefficient of 0.22, meaning it absorbs 22% of airborne soundImpact Insulation Class of 68, the highest result of any floor covering option. This means that impacts, such as walking or bouncing a ball, generate less sound and are not generated in the room or delivered to the rooms below.
1Particle loadings and resuspension related to floor coverings in chamber and in occupied school environments. Richard Shaughnessy and Hai Vu. The University
People. Planet. Purpose. At Tarkett North America, we believe that together, we can make a positive impact on people and the planet. That’s why we’re connecting our sustainability efforts with what our customers value and our world needs. It’s an active, living commitment to create a future where people and the planet prosper in balance. Where sustainable flooring solutions don’t just perform. They inspire.
- 98% of Tarkett’s raw materials are third-party assessed by Cradle to Cradle®
- Entire portfolio is 100% phthalate-free
- Includes recycled content to promote circular economy
Indoor Air Quality:
- CRI Green Label Plus
- CDPH 01350 v1.2
- NSF 140 Gold
Transparency Certifications by Third-Party:
- Cradle to Cradle
- Product-specific EPD
- Transparency certifications and product details are located on:
Sustainable Building Programs:
- Contributes to LEED v4.0 and LEED v4.1 points
- Contributes to WELL building certification
Responsible Business Practice:
- UN Sustainability Goals
- World Economic Forum
- UN Global Compact
- Guided by Cradle to Cradle principles
Responsible Product Management:
Part of Tarkett ReStart® program, based on circular economy principles
- ISO 19001
- ISO 14001
- Yarn dyed with a closed-loop water system
- Facility operated with renewable energy